Friday, November 10, 2006

It's time to play "Find the Racist Statement"

After getting into a bit of a pissing match with a troll on another forum, I've decided I've had it with so-called progressivism.

Ok, actually I'd had it quite some time ago, but something snapped. Again.

After describing his modus operandi when arguing with someone who actually uses rational thought as "WWJJD" (What Would Jesse Jackson Do?") -- and the answer to that question would be: to find some contorted perversion of logic through which he could call me a racist and therefore dismiss anything I said.

I knew what the response would be -- it was so predictable I shouldn't even get any credit for getting it right. And, predictably, his response proved my initial point.

"WWJJD? Ah, now we know who the real racist is!"

Now granted, I know this guy was a troll and just likes to see if he can get people's dander up. However, there are too many people -- most of them under 35, but there are millions of older ones as well -- actually buy this crap.

So here is my challenge:

Find the racist statement in the following:

  1. Islam encourages violence
  2. Jesse Jackson is a race-baiter
  3. White people are racist
  4. I am afraid to walk inner city streets alone at night

See how you do. And I'll make this an open-book test:


rac·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
- rac·ist /-sist also -shist/ noun or adjective



prej·u·dice
Pronunciation: 'pre-j&-d&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin praejudicium previous judgment, damage, from prae- + judicium judgment

1 : injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims
2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an
instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

No comments: