Thursday, November 15, 2007

Juiced

I'm pretty much sick and tired of O.J. The only thing I care about in this whole thing is when are they going to stop pretending this matters to the nation.

I liked O.J. playing football. I liked him in the Hertz commercials. I liked him in the annoucer booth. I liked him in the movies. I was upset that he was suspected of brutally murdering his wife/ex-wife ... I didn't want it to be true.

He got off on that one, though it would be my guess that he was, in fact, the responsible party. Few people think I'm going out on a limb there, I'm sure.

But it looks like we're doomed to months and months of all O.J., all the time again. I can't turn on the news with out O.J. this and O.J. that and frankly, no offense O.J., but I just don't give a bloody rot. Let the courts and the lawyers do their thing and tell me how it turns out. Or not.

Someone pointed out on one of those 24 hour news channels (had to have been Fox because I don't think anyone else would have allowed this to be uttered) .... that things must be going well for the U.S. and Iraqi's in Iraq because it's not headline, all bloody murder and bombs and no American Heroes all the time anymore -- we're talking about O.J. and some machisimo reverse-rip-off of some sports garbage. (In the mean time, Fox is also flooding us with Juice.)

I

Don't

Care


And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: