Sunday, March 23, 2008

Suzanne (Suzanna) Hupp

Why did I not hear about this lady until this weekend?

This is some of the best articulated, powerful testimony I have ever seen in defense of the Second Amendment.

Go see the video. If you don't want to, her final statements are powerful enough in print (below). Still, I encourage you to go watch the video.

I'm mad at my legislators for legislating me out of the right to protect myself and my family. I would much rather be sitting in jail with a felony offense on my head and have my parents alive.

As far as these so-called assault weapons, you say that they don't have any defense use. You tell that to the guy that I saw on a videotape of the L.A. riots, standing up on his rooftop protecting his property and his life from an entire mob with one of these so-called assault weapons. Tell me that he didn't have a legitimate self-defense use.

Just one final statement, I've been sitting here getting more and more fed up with all of this talk about these pieces of machinery having no legitimate sporting purpose; no legitimate hunting purpose. People, that is not the point of the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting. And I know I'm not going to make very many friends saying this, but it's about all rights, all of our rights to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there.

No comments: