Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Race Card Card

I can't take the credit for that term, but it's a good one.

And I find it incredible that the big "O" is still doing this ... I saw on the news this morning that yesterday, in Union, Mo (not terribly far from where yours truly grew up), Big-Brother-Bama said:
"... they’re going to try to say, 'Well, you know, he’s got a funny name and he doesn’t look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five dollar bills and, and they’re going to send out nasty emails."
Now Obama's spin-folk apparently say that he wasn't talking about the McCain campaign or the Republicans, rather -- his oppenents in general. Talk-show hosts and such. Even though he started out the thought like this:

"John McCain and the Republicans, they don’t have any new ideas, that’s why they’re ..."
I listen to a couple of talk show hosts who oppose him ... Beck & Miller, to be clear ... and I've never heard either one of them come near that. I don't listen to Rush, but I really, really doubt he has, either. I don't believe any of them think his skin color is an issue -- or I'd probably stop listening to them. So how 'bout someone pointing out -- naming an actual person of relevance -- that has said such a thing? I mean other than the Obama campaign?

To slightly paraphrase a comment (on the same tactic on a different topic) from Morgan, it's a straw man the left-wingers have constructed so they can be seen attacking it. We who don't agree with them, have it in common that we look funny, stupid and pathetic -- when one pretends we said things none of us has seriously said anywhere.

Yes there are racists out there -- but the only people that will take them seriously are other racists -- so that sum is constant. None of them are going to win any converts. And while that may well be why those people vote for McCain, it doesn't follow that everyone else that votes for McCain are in the same camp.

I saw an Obama ad last night attacking McCain for attacking him. Here's the substance of Obama's commercial:
McCain attacked me. Same old politics.
That's it. "Mommmmm!!!! He's looking at me! Tell him to stop looking at me!!!!!!"

An attack ad attacking a candidate for the act of attacking. Does it get any more hypocritical than that? He attacked McCain soley for attacking him. Nothing about the validity of the attack. He wasn't responding to the substance of the attack so we could better judge whether the attack had any merit or not.

Just like the rest of his campaign. Long on frame and short on substance.

Yeah, I'm afraid of Obama. But not because of his middle name or the color of his skin, or if and when he attended a madrass.

It's because he's a "progressive" politician, and we've had far too much of that in recent years. Of the two Americas he wants the new, shiny, statist one.

No comments: