Monday, August 25, 2008

The Case for McCain

I know that a lot of my conservative friends have more than just a few reservations about McCain. Keep in mind he wasn't my first, second, or third choice, either. But I do now have a McCain bumpersticker affixed squarely on my bumper. My wife's as well.

There is a difference between McCain and the person he is running against. McCain offers a chance to at least marginally keep America America, while the other guy wants to make America Europe. This strategy is called "buying time". If Barry "O" the Beautiful gets in there AND predictions of the democrats picking up larger majorities in Congress bear fruit ... we have a lot more ground to make up 4 years from now. Or 8, if they end up Super Sizing it.

So I made up a little chart to show that, yes, Virginia, there IS a difference. And sitting on your hands at home come November might not be the best choice.

IMHO, of course ;-)


Besides ... if we can get a few Progressives to move to Europe ...

Wouldn't that be worth it?

No comments: