Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is America Ready?

The headline grabbed me. And to be sure, The Washington Times' Charles Hurt is spot on with his article, but I couldn't help but comment on the question being asked upfront.
"Is America ready to make history by electing the first black president to replace a black president?"
Despite what the self-congratulatory left, the media and Hollywood (but I repeat myself) keep telling you, America does not care what color skin the President of the United States has, nor is it concerned with the gender. America is over it, why don't they join us?

Oh, that's right. They're too busy patting themselves on the back because they still believe that not being a bigot is something unusual that sets them apart from the rest of America.  They've got too much of their inflated self-image tied up in that.

1 comment:

Severian said...

Yeah, but Phil... take away self-congratulation, and what else have they got?

It must be tough being a liberal these days. I know my left-leaning friends are touring the Slough of Despond right now. I mean, they elected Liberalism Incarnate (black, young, Ivy League, never held a real job, multinational, etc.) and he's.... a stuttering clusterf*ck of a miserable failure. America is recoiling in horror at the most moderate demands of the internationalist left; passing their real agenda is simply unthinkable.

This doesn't mean I'm not hoping for a 57-state, 538-0 electoral vote smackdown of Teh Won in 2012, but I do have the occasional twinge of conscience when I think of what the left is going through right now. Without sanctimony, they're left with.... handwoven serapes, hemp blankets, a bunch of cut-rate arugula, and the complete Up with People discography, I guess.

Ouch.