Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Women in Binders

A truly bizzare meme regarding something Romney said in last night's debate has cropped up.  Gasp, that jerk Romney, he said "binders full of women!!!!"

What.  The. Hell... are you people even getting at?
ROMNEY: An important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men. And I -- and I went to my staff, and I said, "How come all the people for these jobs are -- are all men." They said, "Well, these are the people that have the qualifications." And I said, "Well, gosh, can't we -- can't we find some -- some women that are also qualified?"  And -- and so we -- we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. 
I went to a number of women's groups and said, "Can you help us find folks," and they brought us whole binders full of women. I was proud of the fact that after I staffed my Cabinet and my senior staff, that the University of New York in Albany did a survey of all 50 states, and concluded that mine had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America. Now one of the reasons I was able to get so many good women to be part of that team was because of our recruiting effort. But number two, because I recognized that if you're going to have women in the workforce that sometimes you need to be more flexible. My chief of staff, for instance, had two kids that were still in school. She said, I can't be here until 7 or 8 o'clock at night. I need to be able to get home at 5 o'clock so I can be there for making dinner for my kids and being with them when they get home from school. So we said fine. Let's have a flexible schedule so you can have hours that work for you. 
Oh yeah.  What a horrible jerk!  He actually dismissed binders full of men because there were no women and sought out female applicants ... and hired them ... and, recognizing they needed a more flexible schedule, *gasp*, gave it to them!

It's a giant stretch from what he clearly meant -- and I don't think it was an awkward way to put it at all ... to "he wants to store women in binders" or whatever the hell the left decided they think he meant. He wondered why there weren't any female applicants brought to him. He wanted female applicants. He sought female applicants. He then got binders full of female applicants in the form of applications from females. He hired a bunch of them. Had more females in high positions in his administration than any other governor.   Horror of Horrors!!!!

If this is what the screaming liberals took away from that exchange, it tells me far more about them than it does about Romney. And the biggest thing it tells me about them is ... they got nothin' if this is what they focus on.

It also tells me they don't really give a rats ass about hiring women, all they care about is painting their opponent with dark strawman paint (of their own mixing) and shouting "I'm NOT that! Give me a gold star!"  Not only are they all talk (women in the Obama administration make an average of 18% less than males in the Obama administration)  -- and no action ... here's a guy who went out of his way to act, and they ridicule him for it because ... he's the guy we're supposed to hate.

Big Bird and Binders Full of Women. That's what you guys are talking about as we look joblessly over a fiscal cliff with Islamic Terrorism breathing down our backs. You guys are awesome, man. Funny as hell. 

Well, Joker Joe, some of us are not amused.
-------------------
addendum: Dennis Miller on Biden in the Veep debate.  Sums up the whole Left, really.  And this idiotic meme is a perfect example.

No comments: